A few states retain restrictions on the marketing and sales of subdivisions in other states. Born out of land scams of the 1960’s – a few state laws survive that make it impossible for prospective customers to obtain any information from builders about housing developments.
Stateside was retained to manage a project to change the remaining state laws and make home buying easier.
Working in two states, Stateside:
- Researched current laws, regulations and enforcement policies to confirm the current status of the law.
- Retained lobbyists in two states on behalf of the client.
- Produced collateral material for the campaign, which was customized for each state.
- Used Groups meetings to reach out to state legislative leaders and attorneys general about the proposed changes.
- Assisted in the development of legislative language.
- Managed negotiations with state regulators and other state players on behalf of the client.
- Drafted testimony and arranged for witnesses at legislative hearings.
New laws supported by the client were passed in two states.