The Regulatory Associate researches, monitors, and reports on regulatory activity in assigned states to support major corporations and trade associations in their state lobbying and government relations efforts.
Stateside Makes the Difference - That Starts with You!
Want to advance your career in the state and local government affairs world? You have come to the right place. See what it is like to be a part of the industry-leading government relations firm and how you can help continue to lead the way!
Here at Stateside, we're constantly looking for changemakers with unique skill sets and diverse perspectives. Our team of professionals is what sets us apart and the key to our client's success. This is your opportunity to work alongside the nation's top companies and organizations to shape public policy at the state and local levels. Your expertise and experience will provide a fresh perspective in helping them across every area of state and local government affairs.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Stateside is the industry-leading government relations firm. Based in DC, but our expertise encompasses all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Client partners include corporations, trade associations, advocacy coalitions, the federal government, and non-profits. Our team of professionals includes experienced government relations consultants, issue managers, former state legislative staff members, and regulatory attorneys. We are committed to developing strategies that help our clients succeed across every area of state and local government affairs.
The Regulatory Associate researches, monitors, and reports on regulatory activity in assigned states to support major corporations and trade associations in their state lobbying and government relations efforts. This position requires strict attention to detail and superior writing skills. Extensive training provides Regulatory Associate with the issue, client, and state knowledge needed to perform optimally. Standards of performance are very high: Regulatory Associate is expected to analyze complex regulation and quickly compose concise summaries following precise writing standards.
Detailed Description of Job Duties:
- Communicating with state regulatory staff, reviewing state registers, and reviewing online resources
- Analyzing, summarizing, and reporting on state regulatory activity
- Upholding positive working relationships internally and with clients, regulatory staff, and allied organizations
- Providing timely and appropriate response to all communication, specifically email and telephone inquiries
- Maintaining working knowledge of state regulatory processes and resources, client information, and policy trends
- Researching specific regulatory compliance requirements in support of client government affairs programs
Knowledge and Experience:
- An ability to understand, analyze, and summarize complex regulatory issues in a timely manner
- Familiarity with state regulatory processes and procedures
- Ability to meet deadlines while demonstrating professionalism under pressure
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical research skills. Research will involve phone interviews and internet research
- Bachelor's Degree
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent responsibilities
Life at Stateside
Stateside is full of fascinating people who are passionate about what they do. You'll fit right in! Get a feel for what it's like working at Stateside:
- Our Location: We are located in the stunning commercial district of Rosslyn in Arlington, Virginia. It's a diverse neighborhood that offers a lively bar scene, fine dining, retail, green spaces, public art, and unparalleled views of D.C. and the Potomac River. The Rosslyn metro also has access to the orange, blue, and silver lines.
- Our Clients: Our client partners include Fortune 500 corporations, trade associations, advocacy coalitions, the federal government, and nonprofits. Some of our clients you may recognize are eBay, FedEx, VISA, and PayPal.
- Our Career Approach: This is not just a job. We're focused on providing training and feedback to help you grow in your role and, more importantly, your career.
- Our Collaboration: Idea-sharing is the cornerstone of what we do. We offer a tight-knit team structure, with a commitment of five teammates per client. Everyone is encouraged to submit ideas and collaborate on ways we can better serve clients.
- Our Benefits: We are committed to the health and financial wellness of our employees. Our current employee benefits package includes:
- Health and Dental insurance coverage
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Vacation policies
- 401-K and profit-sharing participation
- Our Culture: We embrace diversity to drive innovation and growth. We cultivate an environment where people with diverse skills, backgrounds and solutions can come together and develop winning strategies for our clients.
- Our Perks: For you to do great work, you need great support. That’s why we work hard to make sure you have the flexibility and resources to be the best ‘you’ in and out of work. Our team enjoys perks such as:
- Frequent Team-Building and Social Activities
- Paid Holidays
- Office snacks and refreshments
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Let’s Get to Know You
We’d love to get to know you. Apply now!