Want to advance your career in the state and local government affairs world? You have come to the right place. See what it is like to be a part of the industry-leading government relations firm and how you can help continue to lead the way!
Stateside Makes the Difference - That Starts with You!
Here at Stateside, we're constantly looking for changemakers with unique skill sets and diverse perspectives. Our team of professionals is what sets us apart and the key to our client's success. This is your opportunity to work alongside the nation's top companies and organizations to shape public policy at the state and local levels. Your expertise and experience will provide a fresh perspective in helping them across every area of state and local government affairs
ABOUT THE POSITION
Stateside is the industry-leading government relations firm. Based in DC, but our expertise encompasses all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Client partners include corporations, trade associations, advocacy coalitions, the federal government, and non-profits. Our team of professionals includes experienced government relations consultants, issue managers, former state legislative staff members, and regulatory attorneys. We are committed to developing strategies that help our clients succeed across every area of state and local government affairs.
Stateside seeks a Health Care Policy Issue Manager or Senior Health Care Policy Issue Manager (depending on experience) to directly support major health care corporations, federal agencies, and trade associations in their state lobbying, compliance, and government relations efforts. The position is responsible for preparing written documents; research and analysis of national public policy priorities including relevant federal and state legislation and regulations. You will identify strategic business opportunities, interpret and analyze data in support of influencing and formulating policy strategies. We are looking for a highly-motivated and collaborative individual to work closely with Stateside's legislative, regulatory, and issue management teams.
Detailed Description of Job Duties:
- Directly support clients’ state government affairs needs.
- Advise clients on health care policy developments and activity.
- Represent clients at public officials groups, conferences, and other policy meetings.
- Uphold positive working relationships internally and with clients, legislative and agency staff, and allied organizations.
- Provide timely and appropriate response to all communication, specifically email and telephone inquiries.
- Maintain working knowledge of federal and state legislative and regulatory processes and resources, client information, and policy trends.
- Ability to train and share issue knowledge with internal stakeholders and teams.
- Develop a range of high-quality written materials, including policy reports and policy memos.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Juris Doctorate, Master’s, or Bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, government, communications or related field with 3-7 Years (Health Care Policy Issue Manager) or 7-10 years (Senior Health Care Policy Issue Manager) of relevant experience.
- An ability to understand and analyze complex health care issues in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with federal or state legislative and regulatory processes and procedures.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Flexible team player who thrives in fastpaced environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent responsibilities.
- Demonstrated track record of working closely with multiple teams and being an effective networker with experience establishing strong collaborative relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Strict attention to detail and superior writing and communication skills are required.
- Curiosity and commitment to learning.
- Ability and willingness to travel (30%).
Life at Stateside
Stateside is full of fascinating people who are passionate about what they do. You'll fit right in! Get a feel for what it's like working at Stateside:
- Our Location: We are located in the stunning commercial district of Rosslyn in Arlington, Virginia. It's a diverse neighborhood that offers a lively bar scene, fine dining, retail, green spaces, public art, and unparalleled views of D.C. and the Potomac River. The Rosslyn metro also has access to the orange, blue, and silver lines.
- Our Clients: Our client partners include Fortune 500 corporations, trade associations, advocacy coalitions, the federal government, and nonprofits. Some of our clients you may recognize are eBay, FedEx, Delta Airlines, and NBC Comcast.
- Our Career Approach: This is not just a job. We're focused on providing training and feedback to help you grow in your role and, more importantly, your career.
- Our Collaboration: Idea-sharing is the cornerstone of what we do. We offer a tight-knit team structure, with a commitment of five teammates per client. Everyone is encouraged to submit ideas and collaborate on ways we can better serve clients.
- Our Benefits: We are committed to the health and financial wellness of our employees. Our current employee benefits package includes:
- Health and Dental insurance coverage
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Vacation policies
- 401-K and profit-sharing participation
- Our Culture: We embrace diversity to drive innovation and growth. We cultivate an environment where people with diverse skills, backgrounds and solutions can come together and develop winning strategies for our clients.
- Our Perks: For you to do great work, you need great support. That’s why we work hard to make sure you have the flexibility and resources to be the best ‘you’ in and out of work. Our team enjoys perks such as:
- Frequent Team-Building and Social Activities
- Paid Holidays
- Metro Reimbursement
- Office snacks and refreshments
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Let’s Get to Know You
We’d love to get to know you. Apply now!