Governors Races Overview
Thirty-six (36) states held regularly scheduled elections November 6 to choose governors. To learn more about a candidate and their campaign simply click on their name in the chart below.
Pre-election Party Control:
- 18 gubernatorial races were for open seats
- 26 states were held by Republicans
- 9 states were held by Democrats
- 1 state was held by an Independent
Post-election Party Control:
- Republicans hold 26 governorships
- Democrats hold 23 governorships
- 1 race still uncalled
Disclaimer: The information contained in the table below is subject to revision and will be updated throughout the night on November 6 and the day of November 7.