Attorneys General Races Overview
Thirty (30) states and the District of Columbia held regularly scheduled elections November 6 to choose attorneys general. To learn more about a candidate and their campaign simply click on their name in the chart below.
Pre-election Party Control:
- 12 attorneys general races are for open seats
- 18 states are currently held by Republicans
- 12 states and the District of Columbia are currently held by Democrats
Post-election Party Control:
- 23 Republican held AG offices
- 25 Democratic held AG offices
- 1 uncalled race
- Maine will select a new Attorney General due to current AG Janet Mills (D) winning the Governor's race
Disclaimer: The information contained in the table below is subject to revision and will be updated throughout the night on November 6 and the day of November 7.