State Legislative Monitoring Services
In 2015, excellent information and perspective will continue to be at the heart of any successful state and local government affairs program.
Anything less is a handicap.
Stateside Associates designs and delivers unmatched State Legislative Monitoring services for issue managers. And, Stateside information – unlike all other firms – provides clients with the critical element missing from all other State Legislative Monitoring services: perspective.
The Stateside approach, methodologies, staff professionals, delivery options and unmatched staff support are all aligned with the needs and expectations of state and local government affairs managers.
Resources & Methodology
One cannot monitor and report about something that one does not understand. Period.
Therefore, effective State Legislative Monitoring requires issue knowledge, state knowledge and client knowledge.
At Stateside Associates, issue expertise, state expertise, client knowledge and robust use of many information resources are hallmarks of Stateside service.
Here is how Stateside does it:
Four discrete Legislative Monitoring Teams – each covering 52 jurisdictions for a selected group of issues – provide Legislative Monitoring information to clients tracking bill introductions, amendments, floor proceedings, interim committees and other legislative actions.
Each team is comprised of 5 or 6 Legislative Associates, each of whom gained prior experience on staff in a state legislature – a requirement for the position. Each Associate monitors 13 or fewer jurisdictions. All other state legislative monitoring and tracking services assign just one or two staff members to monitor all 50 states.
Each Legislative Associate receives extensive training about clients, client issues and the states they monitor. Prospects for the passage of pending bills and emerging issues are assessed via on-going contact with state legislators, legislative staff, governors’ staff, executive branch officials, industry association staffs and local issue experts. All training materials and protocols are available for client inspection and input.
Political or Outlook information is derived from regular communications with over 4,000 state contacts. These contacts yield information about upcoming amendments, the likelihood of committee consideration, the potential for a gubernatorial veto and much more. Prospective clients gain from our insight, which helps them align resources with real threats or opportunities.
Here are some other key elements of Stateside’s service:
- All monitored bills are checked daily for committee action. Hearing Alerts are sent to clients in advance of all published hearings.
- Priority bill Alerts are sent via email alerts to the client and the client’s iStateLinkSM web portal is updated with the same information simultaneously.
- Bill summaries are written in-house and customized for each client based on a complete reading of the text.
- Current bill text is attached to each bill report. Previous bill versions and amendments are also linked whenever available.
- Stateside’s extensive staff of Legislative Associates and Coordinators are available to respond to client needs for additional information or assistance – at no additional charge.
- iStateLink is the most dynamic web portal in the market for the delivery of custom Legislative, Regulatory and Local Government Monitoring information. Dynamic maps, an interactive calendar for tracking hearings and the ability to link client documents to reports are just a few of the many features.
Here’s What Others Are Saying:
“With limited time and complex issues to address, I can’t spend hours pouring through keyword-based reports. I have seen what other services provide and they are not precise enough for me. Stateside sends me the bills I need to address and provides the political and process information that helps me prioritize.”
“We are proud to have been one of Stateside’s first clients. Over the years the relationship has matured to become an integral part of our government relations operations fully integrated with our in-house work. We could not be happier with the professionalism of the staff or more pleased with their work.”