Stateside Associates, the leading 50-state government affairs and issue management firm, seeks professionals to perform research and analysis regarding state legislation and politics. You will work in one of Stateside’s Issue Teams supporting major corporations and associations in their state lobbying efforts.
Legislative Associates must have prior service on staff in a state legislature. Candidates without such staff experience will not be considered. Internships are not considered staff positions.
This is a highly demanding environment. Extensive training provides Associates with the issue, client and state knowledge needed to perform optimally. Standards of performance are very high. Opportunities for advancement in Stateside’s growing firm are strong. Benefits include: 401k Match, Profit Sharing, excellent Health Insurance Plan and other benefits.
Please forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detailed Description of Job Duties:
- Research a specified set of policy issues on the state level as part of an issue team.
- Track and analyze legislation and provide in-depth political and policy analysis and research.
- Communicate with legislators, legislative staff, Chambers of Commerce and relevant stakeholders to analyze, summarize and determine the viability of state legislation.
- Maintain working knowledge of state government resources and information, client information and policy trends.
- Uphold positive working relationships both internally and with clients, legislative sources and allied organizations.
- Provide timely and appropriate response to all communication; email and telephone inquiries.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in legislative research and policy evaluation from time spent on state legislative staff.
- Superior writing ability required.
- Strong comprehension of state legislative and executive systems. An ability to understand complex legislative issues.
- Familiarity with state legislative processes and procedures.
- Ability to meet deadlines while demonstrating professionalism under pressure.
- Proficient knowledge of computer systems and software including all Microsoft Office programs and internet research tools.
- University degree required.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Conscientious go-getter who is highly organized, dedicated, and committed to professionalism.
- Strong analytical research skills.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.